Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Macy's Steals, Jan. 9


Today I made it my mission to (a.) leave the house without the kids, and (b.) to make it to Macy's before 1pm. They had been advertising their big clearance event: an additional 50% off sale prices, making most items 75% off. I always love these deals because I love getting the additional savings...off already discounted prices. Anyway, to make the deal sweeter, you could print off a $10 off $25 sale/clearance coupon good till 1pm today only!! (Naturally, I printed 3; and they came in handy!!)

Here's what I got:
1 pair Buffalo jeans, retail $89; I paid $43.40
1 DKNY sweater, retail $59; I paid $17.99
2 INC t-shirts, retail $24 each; I paid $4.50 each
1 SC Spots striped top, retail $19.98; I paid $5.99
1 black top with detachable beaded necklacey-thing, retail $59; I paid $5.37!!
1 long black tee, retail $29; I paid $6.44
~~~~~~~~~
so, for $304 dollars worth of clothing, I paid only $95.28!!
I NEVER PAY RETAIL!! It's such a scam!!

Moral of the story: I maximized my savings by taking in 3 coupons. I broke my purchases into $25+ increments, thus saving $30 with coupons, opposed to having made one large purchase using one coupon and only saved $10. Follow me?? Sure, it meant multiple trips to the cash registers, but I felt it was worth my time in the end.

Happy shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment