Sunday, October 25, 2009

Big Lots Buys, 10/25


I used to shop Big Lots all the time...before I began couponing. I don't really think they helped me to save any money, because that is one of those stores where you can browse and fill your cart to the point of overflowing in nothing flat (well, at least I can!). If you aren't familiar with Big Lots, they carry overstock from grocery stores and such. They carry food, toys, household items, toiletries, you name it. Some of their prices are pretty great. But if you don't know what things cost in the store, or with a coupon, then you can easily pay too much for certain items (i.e. laundry detergent).

So I hadn't been there in probably over a year. But I was out with my mom today and she wanted to stop in (she's a regular there). I thought I'd humor her, but really didn't think I'd buy anything. Wouldn't you know I walked out with 3 huge bags of stuff. OOOPS!!! But that's okay. I had no coupons to use there (they don't accept them), but I actually didn't panic. I'm trying to simplify my life and running all over town to 3 grocery stores, Target, Wags, and CVS is just not making sense for me. So if this one trip saves me all the others, then I'm good with that. I really hit the motherload there. I was pleased with all I got for $28:

The huge cans of organic stewed tomatoes for $1.20 were a good buy and will be great for chili. I got huge cans of pears and peaches for the kids for $1.20 as well. A bag of bird seed for a project with Jack. All the pasta was $.60 per bag. The frame was 90% off; $1.50...I'll use this for a project later. A few noodle sides, individual fruit cups for the diaper bag, snackies for the kids, a 3-individual pizza making kit, and a stir-fry kit. Not bad for under $30. I think that does it for my grocery spending for the week...coming in at just $40. Sure beats my old grocery bills of $100+!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment