Monday, June 7, 2010

Eating from the Pantry...again!

I still have an obscene amount of food around the house, so I decided to challenge myself once again and "eat from the pantry." Turns out I had plenty to choose from and here's the dinner plans for the week:
1. Chicken Helper, veggie, bread
2. Turkey burgers, fries, veggie, bread
3. Pork chops, potatoes au gratin, veggie, bread
4. Shrimp fried rice
5. Fish sticks, mac 'n cheese, veggie, bread

I had all I needed around the house except for the burger buns and some shredded cheese (although truth be told, I'm pretty sure I had some in the deep freezer but it's too packed to find anything in there and I was too lazy to dig!) But eating from the stockpile is definitely paying off...with my budget of $65/week in household items and groceries, and only needing these two items this week, I'm saving some dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment