Sunday, May 23, 2010

Menu Planning


I mentioned last week that my stockpile is getting a bit out of control. I really need to challenge myself over the next couple weeks to eat off of what we already have. Today I took stock of what was in the freezer and planned my meals around what I had. Here's what I came up with:

SUNDAY: Spaghetti and meat sauce, bread
MONDAY: Sausage & Chicken packets on grill, potatoes au gratin, veggie, bread
TUESDAY: (soccer night)-eat out
WEDNESDAY: Pork chops on grill, mashed potatoes, veggie, bread
THURSDAY: Pork loin, noodle side, veggie, bread
FRIDAY: Turkey burgers (I swear my hubby would eat these EVERY day if I'd cook them!), fries, veggie
SATURDAY: eat out

Now that I'm typing it out, it seems a little redundant, but I'll change up the veggies and sides each night and I'm trying to do as much grilling as I can since the weather looks like it's going to behave for a change around here!!

So--what do I need to purchase for these meals?? Here's my shopping list for the week:
celery
onions

Wow...I think I can stay WELL under my $65 weekly budget!! Which is great since I ended up spending that much extra last week with my extra Walmart trip. So, it all evens out in the end.

Now your challenge: eating from the pantry!! It's actually quite cleansing--personally, and for the pantry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment