Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Grocery Savings for this Week

This week I was able to get all I needed at just two stores, and for under my weekly grocery/household item budget of $65. I stopped at Cosentino's Price Chopper and CVS and here is what I got:


3 fruit snacks, a 6pk paper towels, 3 nestle drumsticks, 3 12-ct Pop Tarts, 3 6-pks Ensure, 3 Lay's potato chips, a pound of 93% lean ground beef, 2 Chex Mix, 3 frozen veggies, a pack of blackberries, 2 Apple sauce 6pks, 3 Hunt's pudding 4pks, 2 Cover Girl lip glosses, 2 things of bread, among other things...

...all of this ran me $51.47 out of pocket! I saved over $64 at Price Chopper and about $30 at CVS.

Find Kansas City area Price Chopper match-ups here.
CVS match-ups here.
{Thanks, KCPennyPinchin'Mama & Hip2Save!!}

So...what will I do with these groceries? How will I feed my family on pop-tarts and lip gloss?? That's the beauty of the stock-pile. I really only needed the bread and chips for this week's meals. The rest I already had in the stock-pile! (And everything else from above will be added to it!)

SUNDAY: Turkey Burgers, corn on the cob, Pillsbury rolls, noodle side
MONDAY: Stuffed chicken breasts on the grill, au gratin potatoes, veggie, crescent rolls
TUESDAY: (soccer night) Soup/Sandwiches, chips, apples and cheese
WEDNESDAY: (late night at work) Manwich, chips, veggie
THURSDAY: (school program nite) Eat out
FRIDAY: Turkey burgers (yes, my hubby wants them that often!!), veggie, noodle side
SATURDAY: Tacos, mexi-rice, chips/salsa
SUNDAY: Pasta with Vodka sauce, Pillsbury french loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment