Monday, May 3, 2010

My Grocery Savings for this Week

I'm so proud of myself! It's not even noon on Monday and I've done all my shopping for the week! Whoohoo!! Sunday night I made a run to Price Chopper, Hen House and Walgreens. Here's what I got:
My total for this trip, combined: $21.77!! Pretty good for fresh chicken thighs, Sara Lee bread, yogurt, cheese, fresh cut vegetables, and 4 body washes, among other things. Without coupons, this trip would have cost me nearly $50!!
You can find the Price Chopper deals here. (Deals valid only through 5/4)
Hen House deals here. (Deals valid only through 5/4)
Walgreens deals here. (These deals good through Saturday)

Oh, I got this goody bag at Walgreen's too:You might keep your eye out for this near the door or cosmetics department. There were several samples inside and lots of coupons, too!!

This morning I took the kids to CVS and Hy-Vee. CVS was disasterous!!! But not because of the deals; it was the kids!! The location we went to has those "car carts" that normally are a God-send for mommy-shopping. But here, they have "single-sitters." Only one kid fits and that is NOT condusive to keeping two kids happy. It was a very LOUD experience and I think everyone there hated me by the time I left. I was very happy it was a light week in the CVS deals department so it was a quick in and out. After a stern talking-to in the car, the Hy-Vee trip went MUCH more smoothly. Here's what I got between the two places:


My total OOP: $15.08, PLUS I got back 3 EB at CVS and $4.50 in catalinas from Hy-Vee!! If you aren't familiar with what catalinas are, they are coupons that print out at the register when you check out. The Register Rewards at Walgreens are printed out of a catalina machine. Now most Targets seem to have catalinas at their checkouts. Certain Hy-Vee and Price Chopper stores around the KC area have CATs, too.

Here are two Catalina deals at Hy-Vee worth mentioning:
1. Buy 3 Old El Paso items in one transaction, get $1 coupon good toward your next purchase.
Buy 6, save $3 OYNP (on your next purchase)
Buy 6 taco seasoning packets, $0.69 each.
Use 3 $0.60/2 IPs, here (will need access to two computers)
Pay $2.34 for the six packets, and GET $3 coupon toward your next purchase, making this a money maker of $0.66!
2. South Beach bars 2/$4. Buy 2, get $1.50 OYNP. Buy 3, get $3 OYNP. Buy 4 or more, get $4 OYNP.
I bought 2 (wish I'd had more coupons with me!!)=$4
Used two $1 IPs from here
Paid $2 OOP, got back $1.50 CAT, making these just $0.25 after coupons and CATs!!

Anyway, my second shopping trip ending up being $15.08 OOP and without coupons it would have been over $56!! Pretty awesome if you ask me: I got FIVE 12-pks of Coke products, a 24-pack of bottled water, gallon of milk, South Beach bars, and more!
Find Hy-Vee match-ups here. (Only valid through tomorrow, 5/4!)
Find CVS match-ups here. (Valid through Saturday)

So all in all, this week I've gotten over $100 worth of groceries and toiletry items for just $36.85!! That's WELL below my $65 weekly budgeted amount! And who says clipping coupons isn't worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment