Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Wonderful Walmart Trip

Is it just me, or do you get a little glimpse of Heaven when you get a cashier who digs your coupons?? This week I went to Walmart. I honestly can't remember the last time I went there. Since they don't have weekly "sales" or sales ads, there isn't that time crunch to get there before the price changes or the RR deal expires. So I kinda end up forgetting about them, always busier with my Wags, CVS and Target runs, along with all the local grocery stores. So, usually once every few months I'll make a run with all my Qs that are getting ready to expire. There are just certain things that you can get a better deal on at Walmart!


I honestly didn't realize how many coupons I had to use up. They were in a little accordion envelope thing and it wasn't until I got up to the register and pulled the stack out that I thought "OMG!! This cashier is going to KILL me!!" I got up there and politely said "I hope you don't hate coupons (cringe!)" and she said "NO! I'm a couponer too!!!"  Oh...how I love those words. We talked coupon sites as she rang me up. My total was $126.77 before coupons, and $66.17 after! LOVE it!!

I really didn't need a darn thing that I bought  (well, except for the baby wipes and shave cream) but it all looks beautiful in my stockpile (which, I might add, is getting a little ridiculous. I think it may be time to start "living off the stockpile," so to speak. Can I possibly go a whole week buying NOTHING?? I'm not sure that's a challenge I'm up for!) So, yes, lots of stuff just sitting on the shelves of my basement right now, but it will all get used eventually!  Among the highlights: 2 Armour Alls for $.28 each, 8 Huggies soft-packs wipes for $1.18 ea, 6 Wheatables Nut Crisps for $.48 each, 2 Capri Suns for $.97 each, 3 soymilk cartons for $1.48 each, and 3 Nivea body washes for FREE....

I found most of my match-ups right here! Thanks KC Penny Pinchin Mama! You're the best!!

1 comment:

  1. You could always send some of your stockpile to your broke grad-student sister... ;)

    ReplyDelete