Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting Crafty

Well, I meant to post this around Halloween, and totally forgot. While the craft really no longer pertains to the current holiday, maybe you can put a new spin on it to make your own special craft. I just wanted to post this to show you you can have tons of fun with the kids, let them use their imagination, and you don't need some fancy art set to do it.


For this project, I drew a simple "ghost" shape on the yellow paper, then cut it out. I discarded the inner part, just leaving the outline. I taped it to a sheet of black paper, making a template. We used white poster paint (check it out people...got it on clearance for SIX CENTS at CVS!!! I LOVE CVS!!!) and a cut up sponge (got the sponge for FREE at Target a while back. I hate them as actual cleaning tools--they totally suck for that purpose. But, they make great painting sponges!!).

I let my 3 year old "stamp" the white paint onto the paper, filling up the template to fill in the entire ghost. Once the template was removed and the paint dried, he used water colors to paint the ghost's face. Those are his little marks all over it...he then decided they didn't make a great face and he needed Mommy's help!) He had lots of fun making 3 of these--one for Mommy & Daddy, and one for each of his grandparents.


I just wanted to share so you could possibly enjoy this fun, free craft with your little ones, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment