Friday, November 13, 2009

My Savers Steals, 11/11


Have you ever shopped at Savers?? They are new in the Overland Park and Olathe areas. Apparently they've been around for a while in Independence. Anyway, they tout themselves as an upscale Goodwill. I don't know that they are that much more "upscale" in appearance, but they definitely have "gently used" items versus some of the shabby stuff you can find at other thrift stores. Anyway, I know some of you draw the line at buying used. I am not one of those people. My philosophy: if it can be thrown in a washing machine or wiped down with a Lysol wipe, it's fair game.

So why the truck-load of stuff you see pictured above?? Wednesday was Labor Day, and in honor, Savers held a 50% off ALL used clothing and accessories!! I kid you not, I spent THREE hours in there scouring the racks. Granted, probably 45 minutes or more was spent waiting in line for the dressing room, and then frantically trying on my overflowing cart-load of stuff!!

Among my bargains: A cute hoodie from Christopher & Banks, a Banana Republic top-new with tags, Urban Outfitters top-new with tags, DKNY purse--looks new!, a pair of Strid Rite sandals for the little one--can't even tell they were ever worn ($2.50, people!!!), a pair of Adidas soccer cleats for the bigger little one ($2.50!!), the cute little "sports" rolling backpack ($2, and when I got home and was checkin' out all my steals, I opened this up to find the cute little Ralph Lauren kids shirt inside....bonus!), a pair of jeans from the GAP, Khakis from Banana Republic, 2 more slacks from the Limited and Express. I got several little NEW cosmetics bags for $1 or less to put Christmas gifts in (i.e. the Burt's Bee's bargains I got)--and did you notice the cute little lime green one? Yeah--that's a VERA BRADLEY bag NEW WITH TAGS that I scored for $2. Oh yeah--I'm SO good!! All in all I got 4 purses/bags (I have a real thing for bags), a couple baskets for "gift baskets," and that little yellow plaque in the middle (although I love the saying on it, "M is for Mom, not Maid") I intend to do something crafty with that.

Total spent for all that yummy goodness: $77.91. I think that is none too shabby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment